By Jonathan Panday
One of Debra’s favorite snacks!
¼ cup Lemon infused Olive Oil
2/3 cup Popcorn Kernels
1 teaspoon Sea Salt (more or less, depending on your taste), optional
- Place oil and 3 kernels of popcorn into a large pot and cover (a Dutch oven works perfectly, but any sturdy pot will do) and place over medium heat and cook until the kernels pop.
- Carefully remove the popped kernels and replace with the un-popped ones.
- Cover and remove pot from heat for 30 seconds.
- Place pot back on heat and shake occasionally once popping slows down (about 2 minutes). Once all kernels have popped, remove from heat and carefully remove cover.
- Sprinkle popcorn with Sea Salt and toss to coat evenly. Serve and enjoy!
Tip: There are many varieties of infused olive oil which can be found at almost any large grocery store, food specialty shop, or farmer’s market. Try this recipe with your favorite! Microwaved popcorn that is plain or lightly buttered/salted works fine, too.