By Jonathan Panday
Get your taste buds ready for this delicious and delectable snack food in honor of this month’s theme “Healthy You”!
A quick and easy snack recipe using hulled (peeled) seeds from the Fall pumpkin harvest. Fresh seeds from a pumpkin are best but peeling the seeds from the shells takes a lot of patience and extra steps. You can find unroasted & peeled pumpkin seeds in almost any large grocery store.
2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
2 Tablespoons Sugar
¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- In a large bowl, toss Pumpkin Seeds with Vegetable Oil.
- Roast on a baking sheet, stirring every 5 minutes, until seeds are aromatic, crisp, and browned (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Take out of oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- While the seeds are still warm, sprinkle sugar and ground cinnamon over them and toss to combine. Let cool completely and enjoy!
Store roasted seeds in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. These seeds go well as a topping on yogurt or for added crunch to a leafy salad.